Are you mechanically inclined and take pride in your work? BPI is looking for practical, hands-on problem solvers to manage their own personal workstation. Your work M-F has a big impact; The things you make will be used across the country!
This is a career with room to grow. Through BPI’s Pay4Skill program, you’ll quickly advance in your career by completing free training during work hours. As you increase your skills, you’ll also increase your pay!
- Department: Machine Shop
- Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
- Job Title: Machinist
- Reports to: Machine Shop Foreman
- Type of Position: Full-Time
The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate parts. The CNC machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized, and clean solo work environment.
- Regularly performs milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding task.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Completes and maintains any necessary paperwork, documentation.
- Assists in other work areas as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Mathematical skills, mechanical capacity, technical capacity, time management and effective verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to learn our daily production management software.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED, Trade School preferred but not required. Two years of recent work history with the same employer. 5 of our best CNC Machinists previously worked in maintenance, carpentry, packaging, construction, and manufacturing.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening, and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
We understand the importance of family time. We offer the following shifts, so you have time for yourself:
- 1st shift: Monday – Friday | 7:00AM – 4:30PM (45 hours per week)
- 2nd shift: Monday – Thursday 4:30PM – 3:00 am and every other Friday 4:30 PM – 1:00 am (48 hours per week)
- $19 – $27 per hour, depending on experience
- 2nd shift receives a +$1.00 shift differential
- Sign-on Bonus
- Monthly Production Bonus
- Pay4Skill career advancement program
- Overtime Pay
- Health Insurance
- Employer HSA Contribution
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Military/Reserve Leave
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and safety shoe reimbursement
- Company Lunches & Swag
ABOUT BATESVILLE PRODUCTS
Batesville Products, Inc. (BPI) is a family-owned manufacturing facility located in Lawrenceburg and Aurora Indiana. Every day, we design, pour, machine, and polish aluminum and zinc products to be sent to customers across the nation. We manufacture aluminum components for a variety of industries, such as fast-food fryers, dentist chairs, and medical carts.
As a family-owned company, we believe you should have Saturdays off. During the week, we regularly show appreciation for our team with lunches, apparel, and a monthly production bonus. We’re looking for down-to-earth, mechanically inclined people to join our team. If you’re ready to make the next step in your career, apply now!