- DEPARTMENT: Finance
- JOB TITLE: Controller
- REPORTS TO: CFO
- TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time (Exempt)
- LOCATION: Lawrenceburg, IN
The Controller oversees BPI's financial operations, creating and maintaining financial reports, developing budgets, preparing financial statements, working with the sales and operations team to establish ongoing operating metrics, managing payroll, and other administrative responsibilities. This role requires the ability to work collaboratively with the executive team and other members of the sales and operations teams.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures and practices relating to the management of all accounting related functions including cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit policies, billing, general ledger, and fixed asset accounting.
- Collaborate with operations team to develop and maintain the manufacturing accounting and inventory systems.
- Serve an integral role in the annual budgeting and goal setting process for the operations and sales teams.
- Develop and maintain and communicate business KPI’s and other business metrics for the manufacturing and sales teams based on the goals and objectives set by the Board and senior leadership team.
- Manage and process transactions flows typical in similarly sized businesses including processing AP transactions, Billing and A/R invoices and cash collection/receipts.
- Manage customer credit.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers regarding invoicing/payment issues, etc.
- Manage job costs via ERP system ensuring costs are updated and data is accurate. Work with appropriate personnel to ensure all data entries are correct that affects cost and inventory.
- Maintain inventory records, integrity of costing methods, and assist in periodic physical inventory.
- Monitor departmental budget compliance throughout the year and work with appropriate stakeholders.
- Update and manage fixed asset accounting in ERP system including preparation of depreciation schedule.
- Manage and maintain document retention program for company including but not limited to accounting, contracts, HR and EHS records.
- Manage environmental compliance reporting requirements, coordination with senior leadership and addressing proactive team-oriented compliance program.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
ERP Accounting software, MS Office applications, Office 365, organizational skills, decision making, initiative, project management, problem solving/analysis, and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE
Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, 5+ years’ experience in the field, CPA and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening, and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.