Are you inquisitive and enjoy the process of creating? BPI is looking for practical, hands-on problem solvers to manage their own personal workstation. Your work M-F has a big impact; The things you make will be used across the country!
This is a career with room to grow. Through BPI’s Pay4Skill program, you’ll quickly advance in your career by completing free training during work hours. As you increase your skills, you’ll also increase your pay!
- Department: Foundry
- Location: Aurora, IN
- Job Title: Foundry Technician
- Reports to: Foundry Foreman
- Type of Position: Full-Time
The Foundry Technician will pour and regulate the flow of molten metal to produce castings that meet set expectations listed on the process instruction sheet.
- Using ladles, pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds to produce castings.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes; then adjust furnace flames or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
- Metal band saw excess metal from castings per specifications.
- Examine molds to ensure they are clean, smooth, and properly coated.
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal, for analysis.
- Operation Monitoring
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Mathematical skills, mechanical capacity, technical capacity, time management and effective verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to learn our daily production management software
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED, Trade School preferred but not required. Two years of recent work history with the same employer. 5 of our best Foundry Technicians previously worked in construction, landscaping, maintenance, and auto shops.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening, and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
- 1st shift: Monday – Friday/every other Saturday | 7:00AM – 3:30PM
- 2nd shift: Monday – Friday/every other Saturday| 3:00PM – 11:30PM
- 3rd shift: Monday – Friday/every other Saturday | 11:00PM – 7:30AM
- $20 - $29 per hour, depending on experience
- 2nd shift receives a +$1.50 shift differential
- 3rd shift receives a +$2.50 shift differential
- Monthly Production Bonus program
- Pay4Skill career advancement program
- Overtime Pay
- Health Insurance
- Employer HSA Contribution
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Military/Reserve Leave
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and safety show reimbursement
- Company Lunches & Swag
ABOUT BATESVILLE PRODUCTS
Batesville Products, Inc. (BPI) is a family-owned manufacturing facility located in Lawrenceburg and Aurora Indiana. Every day, we design, pour, machine, and polish aluminum and zinc products to be sent to customers across the nation. We manufacture aluminum components for a variety of industries, such as fast-food fryers, dentist chairs, and medical carts.