: Foundry Foreman
TYPE OF POSITION
This position will pour and regulate the flow of molten metal through the entire process in order to produce finished casting that meet set expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce casting, using ladles.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes; then adjust furnace flames or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
- Examine molds to ensure they are clean, smooth, and properly coated.
- Metal band saw excess metal from castings per specifications
- Operation Monitoring
- Critical Thinking
MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365 and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis. Able to withstand a hot environment.