- DEPARTMENT: Foundry
- LOCATION: Aurora, IN
- JOB TITLE: Foundry Metal Casting Technician (Caster)
- REPORTS TO: Foundry Foreman
- TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time & Part-Time
This position will pour and regulate the flow of molten metal through the entire process in order to produce finished casting that meet set expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce casting, using ladles.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes; then adjust furnace flames or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
- Examine molds to ensure they are clean, smooth, and properly coated.
- Metal band saw excess metal from castings per specifications
- Operation Monitoring
- Critical Thinking
MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365 and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis. Able to withstand a hot environment.
- 1st shift: 7am - 3:30pm
- 2nd shift: 3pm – 11:30pm
- 3rd shift: 11pm – 7:30am
- 1st shift: $17.00 per hour
- 2nd shift: $17.00 + $1.50 shift differential = $18.50 per hour
- 3rd shift: $17.00 + $2.50 shift differential = $19.50 per hour
- Sign-on Bonus
- Monthly Production Bonus
- Overtime Pay
- Skill-based Pay Program