JOB TITLE: Caster
REPORTS TO: Foundry Foreman
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
This position will pour and regulate the flow of molten metal through the entire process in order to produce finished casting that meet set expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce casting, using ladles.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes; then adjust furnace flames or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
- Examine molds to ensure they are clean, smooth, and properly coated.
- Metal band saw excess metal from castings per specifications
- Operation Monitoring
- Critical Thinking
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365 and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required.
- Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis. Able to withstand a hot environment.