DEPARTMENT : Engineering
JOB TITLE : Manufacturing Engineer
REPORTS TO : Engineering
TYPE OF POSITION : Full-Time
The manufacturing engineer position oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Works in collaboration with the engineering team and other manufacturing departments in the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Working knowledge and competency on general foundry, metallurgical, molding and machine tool processes and terminology
- Effectively plan and manage projects to meet timeline, cost, productivity, quality and safety goals
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel
- Participate in continuous improvement events
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space
- Work closely with production supervision, research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to troubleshoot and prevent issues with products, process, equipment and tooling/fixtures
- As required, provide oversight management and direction for maintenance personnel
- Work with operators and supervision to implement and manage preventative and predictive equipment maintenance programs
- Identify and execute on cost savings initiatives
- Work with operations management to optimize production planning and execution
- Keep current on new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies
- Supports all current and new product introductions
- Determine and eliminate defect root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering, process, equipment, and product/material
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving rates, efficiencies, costs and changeovers
- Collect and analyze productivity and quality data to identify trends and improvement opportunities
- As required, attend and support trade shows and customer site visits
- Contribute to the streamlining of the production process
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is both encouraged and expected
- Candidate must by very organized and effective with time management, especially with key timeline events
- Collaborative skills are necessary in order to develop positive working relationships with key stake holders
- Research new manufacturing technology
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365, networking, AutoCAD, Solid Edge, Solid Works, technical capacity, organizational skills, decision making, initiative, project management, problem solving/analysis, and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required with 5+ years in a manufacturing field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.