JOB TITLE: IT Specialist
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
The IT Specialist builds and maintains updated and efficient computer systems, networks, and phone systems to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability. The IT Specialist resolves in-office issues related to hardware, software, and other computer systems. This tech-savvy employee performs remote and in-office troubleshooting as well as regular maintenance to diagnose, resolve and maintain any IT related issues for employees. The IT Specialist identifies and executes maintenance and continuous improvement projects. IT Specialist gathers data across the business, analyzes it, translates the results, and develops reports for team members. The IT Specialist works in collaboration with all departments to improve business performance results.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems, networks and phone systems for functionality, efficiency, and security
- Respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Service, repair or replace equipment, as necessary
- Install and configure PC based computer hardware, software, networks, printers, and scanners along with smartphones and tablets according to specifications and optimize performance
- Orient and guide users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Install, update, and maintain all software, licenses, certificates and compliance requirements
- Develops, implements, and administers business information reports inside ERP and other software platforms.
- Create and manage IT process control documentation.
- Plan and manage projects to meet timeline, cost, productivity, quality, and safety goals.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Participate in continuous improvement events
- Oversight and administration of ERP software and database accuracy
- Oversight of specific inventory control functions
- Work to reduce technology footprint, standardizing on software and hardware components
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items
- Manage IT budget
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of PC based computer software and hardware, a variety of internet applications, networks, and relevant operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication capability
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Takes initiative, self-managed, self-starter, self-motivated and works independently
- Good decision-making skills
- Good project management skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365
- Macro development and report writing skills
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles and practices
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is both encouraged and expected
- Strong collaborative skills to develop positive working relationships with key stake holders
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of proven IT experience preferably in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- IT Certifications will be an advantage (i.e., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, CISM, ITIL, CAP)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, standing, sitting, listening, and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to local plants on a regular basis.