Provide quality manufacturing services to 70+ industries nationwide! From dental chairs to waffle molds, BPI manufactures hundreds of custom aluminum components used in everyday life!
The Regional Sales Consultant (RSC) will support BPI’s goals and objectives by building business relationships with new and existing customers. They will manage the Western Sales Territory (including the states of Central and Western US). This role develops sales leads and creates new customers. The RSC is responsible retaining current and generating future sales growth in the region. The Regional Sales Consultant will be a Lawrenceburg, IN based position and the candidate is expected to be a respectable corporate liaison.
Pay: $85,000.00 - $87,000.00 per year
- Compiles a catalogue of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet searches, and other sources.
- Develops route plans and travels consistently throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers and pursues orders or talks with customers by phone. Estimated monthly travel is targeted at 60%.
- Coordinates customer and prospective customer visits
- Investigates and resolves customer problems and deliveries, working with BPI technical and operations staff to ensure products meet customer specifications or assisting customer in resolving non-BPI technical problems.
- Enters and maintains customer and sales data for current and new customers into ERP/CRM system.
- Attend regional trade shows.
- Assesses and reports on regional performance to meet or exceed sales plans and goals.
- Develop and manage regional Sales Analytics
- Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains expense accounts.
- Candidate must by very organized and effective with time management, especially with key timeline events
- Utilizes strategic selling principles and continuous improvement methods to grow revenue and profits while delivering value to our customers.
- Communicate and coordinate with Corporate Engineering to, maintain and improve RFQ and customer sales experience.
- Develops and maintains internal support relationships.
- Successfully and consistently achieve sales goals/quotas.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is both encouraged and expected
- Adhere to company policies and programs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proven understanding and experience in a sales environment. At least +6 years or equivalent of progressive business to business sales of manufactured products. Strong problem-solving skills, in both an individual and collaborative environment. Knowledge of PC’s, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and some technical understanding of engineering models and prints. Proven ability to prioritize and effective time management. Understanding of production processes, equipment and process flow. High energy and proven commitment to execution of job.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE:
Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, sales, engineering or comparable field. 6 years’ experience or equivalent required in a job-shop oriented manufacturing setting.
Driving, walking, standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Travel is required, including the potential for international travel. Periodic movement generally throughout manufacturing areas required.