- Job Title: Quality Manager
- Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00
- Department: Engineering
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Lawrenceburg & Aurora, IN
The Quality Supervisor is a leader that drives improved product quality while overseeing inspection activity preventing escapes between internal operations, outside operations, and end users.
You'll ensure that nonconforming material is stopped, quarantined, analyzed for root causa, dispositioned and appropriate correction actions are implemented. You'll use an ERP system to track non-conforming product and documenting dispositions and corrective action.
You'll contribute to the effort to ship as much compliant product as possible while managing the associated costs. The role is part-of-the-solution to improve part quality and reduce costs. Leadership in ISO certification related activity including record keeping, procedure development and procedure compliance is a vital component of this role.
6 essential functions: safety, inspection, product improvement, contributing to workflow, audit responsibilities, and reporting.
Here are some more details.
- Develops and implements quality assurance policies and procedures to ensure conformity of purchased material and final products to quality standards.
- Working with production management, using lean/6 sigma tools,
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Oversees inspection department.
- Revises and updates the quality control manual to incorporate statistical control programs
- Develops and maintains a supplier quality index, utilizing statistical control programs, to assure that only high-quality vendors are retained.
- Conduct training sessions to keep department personnel informed on procedures, methods, use of equipment and other QC techniques.
- Acting as the company liaison, meeting with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Facilitates compliance activities by preparing for and representing the company during all ISO & customer audits.
- Monitor risk management activities
- Responsible for document management systems
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Prepares all necessary quality reports as required by customers and staff personnel
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities, evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective action
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Manage all returned pieces (RMA) from customers
- 5-years or more in inspection or quality department role
- Quality inspection, metrology, auditing, and testing
- Implementation of corrective action activities
- Certifications an advantage including Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB).
- Product or industry-specific experience
- Expert knowledge of ISO 9001 system
Walking, standing, lifting, sitting, listening, and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis and to various customer sites as required.