: Polishing Foreman
TYPE OF POSITION
Responsible for grinding, sanding, and polishing objects made out of metal. Uses cloth, hand tools, and power tools to ensure a smooth surface. Inspects for flaws or cracks.
- Grind, sand, and polish objects.
- Correct defects.
- Prepare surface for further finishing.
- Mark cracks and splits for repair.
- Position grinding equipment over surface.
- Start grinding process by turning on equipment.
- Adjust output of power.
- Run automatic blasting machine
- Polish and grind materials according to specifications.
- Ability to stand in one area majority of shift.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
ERP, Technical Capacity, mathematical skills. Results Driven. Initiative. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.