We’re looking for detail-oriented problem-solvers to manager their own personal workstation. Your work M-F has a big impact; The things you make will be used across the country!
This is a career with room to grow. Through BPI’s Pay4Skill program, you’ll quickly advance in your career by completing free training during work hours. As you increase your skills, you’ll also increase your pay!
- Department: Polishing
- Location: Aurora, IN
- Job Title: Polisher
- Reports to: Polishing Foreman
- Type of Position: Full-Time
Responsible for grinding, sanding, and polishing objects made of metal. Uses cloth, hand tools, and power tools to ensure a smooth surface. Inspects for flaws or cracks.
- Grind, sand, and polish objects according to specifications.
- Correct defects.
- Mark cracks and splits for repair.
- Adjust output of power.
- Manage automatic blasting machine
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Technical capacity, mathematical skills, results-driven, and effective verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to learn our daily production management software.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required. Two years of recent work history with the same employer. 5 of our best Polishers previously worked in carpentry, landscaping, construction, maintenance, and assembly.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to stand in one area majority of shift. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
- 1st shift: Monday – Friday/every other Saturday | 7:00AM – 3:30PM
- 2nd shift: Monday – Friday/every other Saturday| 3:00PM – 11:30PM
- 3rd shift: Monday – Friday/every other Saturday | 11:00PM – 7:30AM
- $19 - $27 per hour, depending on experience
- 2nd shift receives a +$1.50 shift differential
- 3rd shift receives a +$2.50 shift differential
- Monthly Production Bonus program
- Pay4Skill career advancement program
- Overtime Pay
- Health Insurance
- Employer HAS Contribution
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Military/Reserve Leave
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and safety show reimbursement
- Company Lunches & Swag
ABOUT BATESVILLE PRODUCTS
Batesville Products, Inc. (BPI) is a family-owned manufacturing facility located in Lawrenceburg and Aurora Indiana. Every day, we design, pour, machine, and polish aluminum and zinc products to be sent to customers across the nation. We manufacture aluminum components for a variety of industries, such as fast-food fryers, dentist chairs, and medical carts.