- DEPARTMENT: Polishing
- LOCATION: Aurora, IN
- JOB TITLE: Polisher
- REPORTS TO: Polishing Foreman
- TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
Responsible for grinding, sanding, and polishing objects made out of metal. Uses cloth, hand tools, and power tools to ensure a smooth surface. Inspects for flaws or cracks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Grind, sand, and polish objects.
- Correct defects.
- Prepare surface for further finishing.
- Mark cracks and splits for repair.
- Position grinding equipment over surface.
- Start grinding process by turning on equipment.
- Adjust output of power.
- Run automatic blasting machine
- Polish and grind materials according to specifications.
- Ability to stand in one area majority of shift.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
ERP, Technical Capacity, mathematical skills. Results Driven. Initiative. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
- 1st shift: 7am - 3:30pm
- 2nd shift: 3pm – 11:30pm
- 3rd shift: 11pm – 7:30am
- 1st shift: $16.50 per hour
- 2nd shift: $16.50 + $1.50 shift differential = $18.00 per hour
- 3rd shift: $16.50 + $2.50 shift differential = $19.00 per hour
- Sign-on Bonus
- Monthly Production Bonus
- Overtime Pay
- Skill-based Pay Program