: Manufacturing Design Engineer
: Engineering Manager
TYPE OF POSITION
- The Manufacturing Design engineer directs, coordinates and exercises functional
authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of customer
engineer projects within the area of assigned responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Maintains working knowledge and competency on general foundry, metallurgical,
molding and machine tool processes and terminology.
- Develops tooling for processing of castings to meet customers’ requirements.
- Effectively plans and manages projects to meet timeline, cost, productivity, quality and
- Implementstools by presenting the designsto operation personnel, working with outside
vendors to build the tools, and support the tools in production through the products life.
- Creates and manages process control documentation to support all stages of the
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards
and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and tools to
optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Participate in continuous improvement events.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and
operations for better utilization of space.
- Work closely with production supervision, quality assurance, and maintenance
personnel to troubleshoot and prevent issues with products, process, equipment and
- Work with operations management to optimize production planning and execution.
- Supports all current and new product introductions.
- Determines and eliminates defect root cause occurrences in the manufacturing process. • Assists with cost reduction through process, equipment, product, material applied
- Support customer visits and teleconference when available.
- Attends and supports trade shows and customer site visits as needed.
- Manage projects and timelines in an organized and effective manner especially with key
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with key stake holders
- Researches new manufacturing technology.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365, Solid Works,
technical capacity, organizational skills, decision making, initiative, project management,
problem solving/analysis, and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required with 5+ years
in a manufacturing field.
- Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and
continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to
travel to both locations on a regular basis.