This role will be filled quarterly (in line with school calendars).
- DEPARTMENT: Engineering
- JOB TITLE: Engineering Co-Op
- REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
- TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
Provide engineering support for production activities. Provide engineering input to enhance company efforts to improve safety, reduce cost, and improve quality.
- Develop understanding of current production materials and processes.
- Conduct defined tasks to reduce costs in the areas of materials and process efficiencies.
- Conduct defined tasks to improve process understanding and quality improvement, using commonly used concepts, practices, and engineering methodologies.
- Develop new processes, implement process changes and work with production to enhance current practices.
- Assist engineering department with implementing capital equipment and process improvement machines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
MS Office applications, MS Project, and Solid Works. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE:
Minimum of 2 years of progression towards a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field is required.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Occasional heavy lifting. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.