We're looking for a reliable, analytical, hands-on Manufacturing Engineer to oversee design and production of aluminum castings.
Batesville Products is a small, family-run company. All the perks of a big-city corporation - without the dreadful commute! With less time on the road, our team enjoys more time with family & being outdoors camping, hiking, fishing, gardening, and doing DIY house projects.
- JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer
- SALARY: $85,000 - 105,000
- DEPARTMENT: Engineering
- REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
- TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
The manufacturing engineer position oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Collaborative design of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Working knowledge and competency on general foundry, cast mold design and machine tool processes and terminology
- Effectively plan and manage projects to meet timeline, cost, productivity, quality, and safety goals.
- Develop tooling for creating and processing of castings to meet customers’ requirements.
- Implement tools by presenting the designs to operation personnel, working with outside vendors to build the tools, and support the tools in production.
- Work closely with production supervision, internal and external engineering resources, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to troubleshoot and prevent issues with products, process, equipment, and tooling/fixtures.
- Work with operations management to optimize production planning and execution.
- Supports all current products and new product introductions.
- Create and manage process control documentation to support all stages of the manufacturing process.
- Collect and analyze productivity and quality data to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Determine and eliminate defect root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Reduce cost through re-engineering process, equipment, and product/material.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving rates, efficiencies, costs, and changeovers.
- Contribute to the streamlining of the production process.
OCCASSIONAL, LESS COMMON FUNCTIONS
- Design, integrate and program automation with assistance from internal and external sources.
- Keep current on new manufacturing technologies, automation and equipment to reduce cost and manual labor content.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material, and personnel.
- Support customer visits and teleconferences.
- Provide oversight management and direction for maintenance personnel as needed.
- Work with operators and supervision to implement and manage preventative and predictive equipment maintenance programs.
- Participate in continuous improvement events.
- Attend and support trade shows and customer site visits.
- Research new manufacturing technology.
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of this position.
MS Office applications, ERP, expert SolidWork’s skills, technical capacity, organizational skills, decision making, initiative, project management, problem solving/analysis, and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is both encouraged and expected.
- Candidate must by very organized and effective with time management, especially with key timeline events.
- Collaborative skills are necessary to develop positive working relationships with key stake holders.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required with 5+ years in a manufacturing field.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel between BPI’s two local plants on a regular basis.