: Industrial Maintenance Technician
: Manufacturing Engineer
TYPE OF POSITION
: Full-Time, 2nd Shift
: Aurora, IN & Lawrenceburg, IN
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives for both facilities’ and its operation.
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines
- Participate in BPI’s 6-S Program (housekeeping)
- Make necessary adjustments to machinery to ensure efficient operations
- Provide effective service, maintenance and repair to machines, equipment and facilities including, but not limited to, tilt pour casting presses, robotic cells, CNC machining centers and lathes, special purpose machines of various types, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic apparatus, heating equipment, lighting and power circuits, electrical controls, transformers, and control panels.
- Work from job instructions, wiring diagrams, blueprints, specifications, plant layouts, equipment manuals and employ standard equipment repair practices when references are unavailable.
- Respond swiftly to perform equipment repairs and perform timely preventative maintenance while keeping departments involved aware of equipment status and timing of availability.
- Diagnose, trace and isolate cause of malfunction or improper operation. Tear down equipment, determine extent of trouble, repair or replace defective parts.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE:
- 5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Useful combination of experience with electrical, welding, pneumatic, hydraulic, machine repair and PLC experience
- Proficiency with a variety of measuring devices
- Advanced Military Training School a plus
- Journeyman Electrician license a plus
- HVAC experience a plus
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, work in awkward positions and at heights
- Must be able to obtain a valid lift truck license as needed
- We love graduates of Ivy Tech, Cincinnati State and Gateway Community College!
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and carry items as heavy as 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
At Batesville Products we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Monday - Friday 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM. Saturdays are currently being worked as well.