: Maintenance Technician
: Manufacturing Engineer
TYPE OF POSITION
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives for both facilities’ and its operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Green function require on job/class training):
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment including assisting with installation of automatic equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Using this information to develop preventive maintenance within Odyssey ERP system.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to manufacturing engineer
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Experience in most of the following areas:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3 Phase Electrical
- Machinery Control Circuits
- Small Logic Controllers
- Mechanical Repair
- MIG/Stick Welding and Cutting Torch
- Facilities Maintenance
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
Technical Capacity. Ethical Conduct. Results Driven. Initiative. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE:
Periodic attendance and successful completion of technical seminars or classes as required by management.
Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Occasional heavy lifting. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
Variable starting times and work hours to capitalize on maximizing exposure to the four (4) shift at the Aurora Facility. Periodic weekend and non-production hours will be required to minimize equipment downtime and minimize production interruptions.