The Maintenance Manager is a friendly, creative, realistic problem solver. They will be a key contributor in a world class, lean oriented manufacturing operation.
Batesville Products is a small, family-run company. All the perks of a big-city corporation - without the dreadful commute! With less time on the road, our team enjoys more time with family & being outdoors camping, hiking, fishing, gardening, and doing DIY house projects.
- JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager
- SALARY: $80,000 - $90,000 (+ eligible for monthly bonus)
- DEPARTMENT: Engineering
- REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
- TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
- LOCATION: Aurora & Lawrenceburg, IN (10 miles apart)
- Provide guidance, support and hands-on maintenance of equipment as required to support your maintenance team and plant operations in a 24/7 operation.
- Work with the Operations Manager and Plant Foreman to ensure all equipment is efficient, cost effective and productive.
- Create and maintain an effective PM program to maximize uptime for all equipment at both locations.
- Keep an organized reference library of equipment manuals.
- Help develop and maintain site and plant layouts, electrical, mechanical fire protection and HVAC prints.
- Be a key player in Capital project justification and execution.
- Manage contractors as they come into the facilities.
- Help develop and implement proactive maintenance systems such as: computerized maintenance management systems, predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, reliability centered maintenance, spare parts management.
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible maintenance experience, or a more experienced maintenance professional that believes in US manufacturing and wants to make a contribution to US manufacturing excellence.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience (team or 2+ people).
- Engineering Degree or an Associates in Engineering or Technology
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Proficient in CAD
- Can use Predictive Maintenance Technologies including infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems with the ability to learn to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
- Experience with HVAC, compressed air, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, electrical systems for facilities and equipment. PLC controls, piping, 3 phase power distribution.
- Proven team builder, catalyst for change, strong communicator, solid organizational skills, good time management and administrative skills.
- Experience with Profit and Loss statements and budgeting/managing a budget.
- CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) is a plus.
WHERE YOU FIT INTO BPI
Batesville Products manufactures aluminum castings for medical, food, transportation, and other markets. The company is very stable – It currently has orders creating over a year of backlog.
We are a team of less than 100 between two plants that are 10 miles apart. You will oversee maintenance on 35 major pieces of equipment with some supporting equipment.
Our leadership and culture focuses on safety, common sense to do what's right, cross-training, and continuous education.