Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Open Position: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
LOCATION: Lawrenceburg, IN
REPORTS TO: Shipping Foreman
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Operates PB crimp tools, including diagnosis, repair and processing.
- Operates the stretch wrap banders.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Fork Lift certified, MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365, organizational skills, technical capacity, initiative, thoroughness, time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma/GED.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.