Open Position: QA Inspector
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
JOB TITLE: QA Inspector
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
Self-starter that coordinates with operations management to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established customer and internal standards by performing the following duties personally or with support from engineering/supervision.
- With oversight from the plant manager, audit manufacturing process and products for adherence to quality and process standards.
- Through hands on inspection techniques, ensures conformity of incoming materials, by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Through hands on inspection techniques, ensures quality of in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests; identifying products requiring rework; confirming rework
- Working with production management, using various QC/lean/6 sigma tools,
- With oversight from the plant manager, administer the processing of customer returns (RMA).
- With oversight from the plant manager, administer the corrective action report process (CAR)
- In conjunction with engineering and purchasing, audit to assure vendor quality.
- As required meet with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems.
- Aids compliance activities during ISO & customer audits.
- Assists in the preparation of all necessary quality reports as required by customers and staff personnel
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of quality and inspection systems
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Administers gauge calibration program
- Supports shipping and receiving of materials/products as required
- Collect and compile quality data
- Evaluate data for opportunities for improvement
- Monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Data collection and reporting
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Customer service orientation
- Computer skills including
- MS Office applications
- Odyssey ERP
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE:
- Periodic attendance and successful completion of technical seminars or classes as required by management.
- Product or industry-specific experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
COMPENSATION: Variable starting times and work hours to capitalize on maximizing exposure to the various shifts at both facilities. Periodic weekend and non-production hours may be required to minimize production interruptions.