Open Position: Caster
LOCATION: Aurora, IN
DEPARTMENT : Foundry
JOB TITLE : Caster
REPORTS TO : Foundry Foreman
TYPE OF POSITION : Full-Time
This position will pour and regulate the flow of molten metal through the entire process in order to produce finished casting that meet set expectations.
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce casting, using ladles.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes; then adjust furnace flames or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
- Examine molds to ensure they are clean, smooth, and properly coated.
- Metal band saw excess metal from castings per specifications
- Operation Monitoring
- Critical Thinking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365 and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma/GED preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis. Able to withstand a hot environment.
HOURS: We are currently hiring for 2nd and 3rd shift. Starts times for these shifts are 3:00 pm ($0.75 shift differential) and 6:45 pm ($1.50 shift differential). You will be scheduled to work 4-10 hour days (Mon-Thurs) unless overtime is required.
SALARY: Starting pay is $14.00 per hour plus the applicable shift differential.