Quality Assurance Lead
Open Position: Quality Assurance Lead
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: A self-starter that plans, develops, coordinates, implements and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production quality, consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. Responsible for ensuring a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. Responsible for ISO certification, to include company compliance, audits and reporting.
- Develops and implements quality assurance, standards policies and procedures to ensure conformity of purchased material and final products to quality standards.
Revises and updates the quality control manual to incorporate statistical control programs
In conjunction with purchasing, develops and maintains a supplier quality index, utilizing statistical control programs, to assure that only high-quality vendors are retained.
- Working with production management, using lean/6 sigma tools
Collect and compile statistical quality data
Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Conduct training sessions to keep department personnel informed on procedures, methods, use of equipment and other QC techniques.
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
Prepares all necessary quality reports as required by customers and staff personnel
- Oversees and supervises the Inspection Department
Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
Responsible for calibration reporting and control consistent with ISO standards
- Primary lead on attaining and retaining ISO certification
Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Facilitates compliance activities by preparing for and representing the company during all ISO & customer audits.
Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
Evaluate and document audit findings. Implement appropriate corrective actions
Monitor risk management activities
Responsible for QC document management systems
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues including all RMA’s
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Customer service orientation
- MS Office applications
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Product or industry-specific experience
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Six Sigma Green Belt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, standing, lifting, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis and to various customer sites as required.