Open Position: Machinist
LOCATION: Lawrenceburg, IN
DEPARTMENT: Machine Shop
REPORTS TO: Machine Shop Foreman
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. The CNC machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Performs all assigned machine shop operations
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Regularly performs milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding task.
- Completes and maintains any necessary paperwork, documentation.
- Assists in other work areas as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365, mathematical skills, mechanical capacity, technical capacity, time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma/GED, Trade School desired but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.