BPI: Celebrating Over 70 Years of Successful Business!
If you are looking to build a great career, BPI is an outstanding place to work. We offer you the opportunity to be part of a worldwide leader in the aluminum & zinc casting industry.BPI is always looking for qualified individuals to join our family. Here you will be challenged on a daily basis, tasked with solving problems, while working with smart & dedicated people.
BPI offers outstanding benefits:
- Excellent starting wages
- Medical & vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
Open Position: Caster
LOCATION: Aurora, IN
DEPARTMENT : Foundry
JOB TITLE : Caster
REPORTS TO : Foundry Foreman
TYPE OF POSITION : Full-Time
This position will pour and regulate the flow of molten metal through the entire process in order to produce finished casting that meet set expectations.
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce casting, using ladles.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes; then adjust furnace flames or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
- Examine molds to ensure they are clean, smooth, and properly coated.
- Metal band saw excess metal from castings per specifications
- Operation Monitoring
- Critical Thinking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: MS Office applications, ERP, Office 365 and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma/GED preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
HOURS: We are currently hiring for 2nd and 3rd shift. Starts times for these shifts are 3:00 pm ($0.75 shift differential) and 6:45 pm ($1.50 shift differential). You will be scheduled to work 4-10 hour days (Mon-Thurs) unless overtime is required.
SALARY: Starting pay is $12.00 per hour plus the applicable shift differential.
Open Position: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Aurora, IN
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineer
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives for both facilities’ and its operation.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment including assisting with installation of automatic equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Using this information to develop preventive maintenance within Odyssey ERP system.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to manufacturing engineer.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Experience in most of the following areas:
- 3 Phase Electrical
- Machinery Control Circuits
- Small Logic Controllers
- Mechanical Repair
- MIG/Stick Welding and Cutting Torch
- Facilities Maintenance
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Technical Capacity. Ethical Conduct. Results Driven. Initiative. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE: Periodic attendance and successful completion of technical seminars or classes as required by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, Standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis. Occasional heavy lifting. Movement generally throughout the manufacturing areas required. Ability to travel to both locations on a regular basis.
Hours: Variable starting times and work hours to capitalize on maximizing exposure to the four (4) shift at the Aurora Facility. Periodic weekend and non-production hours will be required to minimize equipment downtime and minimize production interruptions.